||Reseach Coordinator I
||Department of General Surgery - Sarcoma Program
||Regular Full Time
|HOURS OF WORK
||37.5 Hours per week
||Principal Investigator / Research Manager
ORGANIZATION OR DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION:
The Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute of Mount Sinai Hospital, a University of Toronto affiliated research centre, is one of the world's leading centres in biomedical research. With ground-breaking discoveries in research areas such as diabetes, genetic disorders, cancer and women’s and infants’ health, the Institute is committed to excellence in health research and the training of young investigators. Strong partnerships with the clinical programs of Mount Sinai Hospital ensure that scientific knowledge is used to promote human health. Your significant contributions will assist in maintaining our momentum in advancing our research.
As a member of the research team, the Clinical Research Coordinator collaborates with Investigators and the health care team in the coordination of clinical research. Studies may include cooperative group sponsored and investigator-initiated studies. Under the direction of clinical investigators and the clinical research manager, the Clinical Research Coordinator will initiate and implement study recruitment, clinical assessment for study eligibility, patient education, and follow-up with participants. The Clinical Research Coordinator may complete REB and contract submissions, coordinate with other study staff and clinical team members, participate in meetings, and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Recruiting, screening and consenting eligible participants
- Conduct data abstraction/collection from medical records
- Perform accurate and timely data entry into clinical research database
- Interact with patients in the clinic for patient education purposes
- Prepare and coordinate group meetings
- Complete REB and contract submission
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum BSc in health sciences discipline
- Post Graduate Certificate in Clinical Research OR
- Certified Clinical Research Professional (CCRP) required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in clinical research preferred
- Demonstrated experience in recruitment, conducting prospective participant interviews, extracting source data and study coordination
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be willing to interact with patient population
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and exercise sound judgment
- Must be able to set priorities and work independently with minimal direction
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office software required
Posting open until March 21, 2017. We thank all candidates for applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with Institute’s policy and legislated health and safety requirements, employment is conditional upon the verification of credentials, completion of a health review, and demonstrating proof of immunity and vaccination status of vaccine-preventable diseases.
The Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute is a scent sensitive environment and all members of the community are expected to refrain from wearing or using scented products while visiting or working at the Institute. We also support a barrier-free workplace supported by the Institute’s accessibility plan, accommodation and disability management policies and procedures. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please contact the Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Human Resources Department.